The Advisory Board Sustainable Bioeconomy advices the government of the Federal State of Baden-Württemberg on the implementation and further development of the state strategy “Sustainable Bioeconomy Baden-Württemberg”. In the advisory board, 17 experts from different areas of the bioeconomy contribute their knowledge. Together, we want to make further progress in climate protection and resource efficiency with the help of the sustainable bioeconomy.
In recent years, Baden-Württemberg has become a "lead region" for the bioeconomy. The bundling of existing expertise in a dedicated advisory body makes an important contribution to making the sustainable bioeconomy in Baden-Württemberg a successful model for a resilient, climate-compatible economy. The use of biological knowledge is supposed to become an innovation driver comparable to digitalization in the coming decades.
Innovative approaches to solutions in the bioeconomy will increase regional net product, create attractive jobs and make substantial contributions to environmental, climate and resource protection.
The members of the Advisory Board Sustainable Bioeconomy Baden-Württemberg
- Professor Dr. Iris Lewandowski (Chair), University of Hohenheim
- Dr. Markus Wolperdinger (Chairman), Fraunhofer Institute for Interfacial Engineering and Biotechnology IGB, Stuttgart
- Professor Dr. Regina Birner, University of Hohenheim
- Dr. Olaf Breuer, Evonik Technology & Infrastructure GmbH, Rheinfelden
- Dr. Norbert Haber, Agricultural Technology Center Augustenberg
- Thomas Karle, Agro Energie Hohenlohe GmbH & Co KG, Kupferzell
- Professor Dr. Ralf Kindervater, BIOPRO Baden-Württemberg GmbH, Stuttgart
- Dr. Manfred Kircher, KADIB - Kircher Advice in Bioeconomy, Frankfurt
- Professor Dr. Daniela Kleinschmit, University of Freiburg
- Dr. Joachim Kreysa, European Commission - Joint Research Centre, Brussels
- André Olveira-Lenz, Southern Upper Rhine Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Freiburg
- Professor Dr. Andreas Pyka, University of Hohenheim
- Professor Dr. Andrea Robitzki, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Professor Dr. Alexander Sauer, Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation IPA, Stuttgart
- Professor Dr. Pablo Steinberg, Max Rubner Institute, Karlsruhe
- Stefanie Strebel, KS Agrar GmbH, Mannheim, Germany
- Professor Dr. Ralf Takors, University of Stuttgart